Samba 3.0...

Peter Hübschen klf at studcs.uni-sb.de
Tue Oct 9 12:03:15 GMT 2001

Hi,

it's not known, when Samba 3.0 is released and the developmeners will not say
any fixed date (There were some discussions earlier, when some people asked,
when Samba 2.2 would be released). The next version is 2.2.2 in the very near
future.
For Samba TNG is this the wrong list. Look at www.samba-tng.org for further
informations. But Samba-TNG is and will be a alpha version. They implement and
implemented some more things, than the "old-fashioned"-Samba, but I don't know
exactly, if BDC functionality is working. If I'm right, there were some
work-arounds for this task.
But samba-tng is not offically for production environments. Some use it, but
it's at their own risk.

Peter