[xad] TNG services and FreeDCE development

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Mon Oct 8 22:57:08 GMT 2001

>Can you give me a bit more detail on this? In particular, I need to decide
>whether to try to port freedce to Solaris or get Sun's commercial DCE
>implementation
>instead, and try to make it all play together. What is the issue with the
>current dcethreads code? (I haven't looked at the freedce source tree yet.)

Gawd, I really hate this cross-posting :-)

You will need the source code implement the named pipe transport, unless
Sun provide support for dynamically loadable transport mechanisms (and,
come to think of it, authentication mechanisms); I know this was something
that Wez specifically added to FreeDCE.

cheers,

-- Luke
--