winbind doesn't import users

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Wed Oct 3 11:28:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

Your setup looks perfect, but let's just be exact in some points:

- after 'make install', you copied nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so to /lib? Or
copied directly to /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2? Maybe it would be better if you
copied the plain .so file and made a symbolic link inside the lib folder.

- the only other problem I can see is 'winbind enum users/groups' entry in
smb.conf set as 'no'. I do have this entry to save system resources, so
getents do not work, although wbinfo work. I use SAMBA_2_2.

Using 'smbclient -L hostname -UAdministrator', what is returned?

Try looking at higher level debug logs also.

cheers
Gustavo