Quick FreeBSD question??

Joseph jolt at nicholasofmyra.org
Wed Oct 3 08:43:03 GMT 2001

Try these files.  I use them on my FreeBSD server.  One is just a shell
script that you would use from smb.conf:

add user script = <Where ever you put it>/newcomputer %m

It will in turn call a hacked adduser script called addcomputer.  I put
addcomputer in /usr/local/bin/.  I had newcomputer in /usr/local/bin
also.  There are no guarantees with these scripts, but they work for me.

Addcomputer adds computer accounts with UIDs of 500 to 999.  It adds the
computer with a primary group of machines.

There is also a shell script for deleting a computer.  However, FreeBSD
seems to handle that fine.  I included the script though.

Let me know if it works or not for you.

Joseph