Can not add printer drivers from Windows 2000.

root kirk_morrow at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:07:02 GMT 2001

I've set up a samba server on a Linux box with Samba 2.2.1a-4.  I can
see the printers fine for an NT box.  When logged in as Administator on
the NT box I access the samba server using the root account.  I've set
up the print$ share and the directory structure for the printer
drivers.  The [print$] share has "write list = root @ntadmin".  However,
when I try to use the Add Printer Wizard to add drivers I get:

Unable to install the Intel, Windows 2000 driver.  Operation could not
be completed.

The only information I can find in the logs on the samba server is:

[2001/10/02 09:34:16, 0] rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_fcpn(4663)

  _spoolss_fcpn: Invalid handle (OTHER)
[2001/10/02 09:34:16, 0]
rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:close_printer_handle(257)
  close_printer_handle: Invalid handle (OTHER)

I've been searching high and low on mailing lists, FAQs and web site but
have yet to find anything helpful.  Please help.  Thanks in advance.