Perl module Crypt::SmbHash released

Benjamin Kuit bj at it.uts.edu.au
Mon Oct 1 16:55:03 GMT 2001

I've released my perl port of lib/md4.c and libsmb/smbdes.c to CPAN
as a single module Crypt::SmbHash, so Samba administrators can now
generate LM/NT password hashes for smbpasswd style entries within
perl scripts without calling external programs.

It's entirely in perl, so its a bit slow, but the upside is that it's
portable.

You can speed it up by having Digest::MD4 installed as well.

Figured it would be useful to others.

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.

Bj

--
|      Benjamin (Bj) Kuit       |  Building 4, 447                     |