samba pdc

Jim Provan jprovan at jp20001.jp2web.com
Fri Nov 30 22:34:03 GMT 2001

        Your issue is the line:
                update encrypted = yes
        Get rid of it.
        Stop smbd
                /etc/init.d/smb stop
        Delete the user from the smbpasswd file:
                smbpasswd -x userid
        Re-add the user and enter the password
                smbpasswd -a userid
        restart smbd
                /etc/init.d/smb restart
        I had this same issue. It seems that it is re-encrypting the
encrypted password. This option was intended as a one time
        login conversion routine. Don't use it.