Samba/Samba-TNG and LDAP/PDC State?

Kervin Pierre kpierre at fit.edu
Thu Nov 29 20:05:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

Are you using Win2K in "native mode" or the NT4 compartible "mixed mode"?

Can Samba serve as a PDC in a Win2K "native mode" domain?

I am not very familar with Win2K, but I was told that Win2K "native
mode" does not have a PDC perse but may have multiple PDCs, can Samba
act has one of those?

I'm trying to integrate Win2K into our ldap/UNIX network.  I'm hoping
that Samba can be used as a sought of "gateway" or "bridge" by using
LDAP as it's back-end while supplying authenication services to the
Win2K domain.

--Kervin