Machine Accounts

Michael Meß mess at iht-ii.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 29 07:22:34 GMT 2001

I have a similar problem. I want to exchange a samba PDC server (samba
2.2.1a and too small harddisk) with a new one with a bigger harddisk and
samba 2.2.2 installed.

When I try to login to the Domain using the new PDC server from an
NT-machine which has been installed with the old server, I get the
message:
"Sie können nicht angemeldet werden (C000019B) Versuchen Sie es erneut
oder wenden Sie sich an einen Systemadministrator." (Translation: You
cannot login (C000019B). Try again or ask your System administrator).
This happens, when I try to login with correct user and password. If I
mistype the password, then I get another error message (the one which
always comes with wrong password).

What can I do, so that all Windows machines (more than 100 Workstations)
will accept the new server like if it was the old one?
Otherwise I have to login as Administrator to more than 100 Workstations
for putting each one in the domain again with the new PDC server.

Is it enough to take the old MACHINE.SID and DOMAIN.SID, or do I have to
change something else?

Greetings, Michael