domain SID

Martin.Doule Martin.Doule at czech.sun.com
Wed Nov 28 04:38:03 GMT 2001

You can get your domain SID by utility psgetsid.exe from www.sysinternals.com.
It's one of the PSTOOLS 1.5 and it's freeware.

To get domain SID just run command 'psgetsid.exe my_domain_name'. To ensure that
you got right SID try to ask for few domain users accounts by 'psgetsid.exe
user_domain_account'. You'll have to get same numbers as domain SID except last
four digits which are users RID.

I also suggest to not run this tool from PDC and also do not ask for users SID
if you'll have same account names on your local computer that you are running
this utility.

CU

Martin Doule

System Administrator, Forte Tools	Sun Microsystems Czech, s.r.o.
Software System Group			Evropska 33e
					160 00  Prague 6

Tel: +420-2-33009193			Internal: x49193
Fax: +420-2-33009299			Mobile: +420-606-625752