changing passwords from windows98 passwords util

Morris Stevens mstevens at initialsecurity.com
Tue Nov 27 10:19:08 GMT 2001

I have a samba 2.2.1a on linux 7.2 machine that I am having great success with, except for one small thing.  I cannot get the passwords utility in Windows 98 to change the domain password for the user account.  As far as I know, this should be an inclusive process.  I get domain logins okay, as well as automatic creation of accounts on member servers upon which resources reside.  Everything else is working great.  I have considered writing a util to go and change passwords from a DOS prompt, but don't want to if I don't have to...security issues and all.  I have looked everywhere for an answer, but have run out of steam, temporarily, and I dont wish to waste any more development time on this issue.  If anyone knows a quicky here, I would be most appreciative.  Please let me know.

--Morris