Password expiration after joining Domain

S. Zwedler mrfusion at gmx.net
Sat Nov 24 14:15:02 GMT 2001

Hi,
after installing Samba 2.2.2 and successfully joining the domain, users are now prompted to change their
passwords. I believe this is triggered by Samba, and while it makes sense security-wise, it's not needed in the
trusted environment here so I'd like to set the password expiration time to infinite (never expires). I haven't
yet found the right option in Samba yet, so i'd be more than grateful if someone could tell me where I can find
the proper option. (i'm aware that there is a last-time-changed field in smbpasswd file but I do not want to
change that manually for all users every month...)

Thanks all,
Steffen Zwedler