Navigation problems in NT domain

antonio.morrocches antonio.morrocches at tiscalinet.it
Sat Nov 24 08:22:03 GMT 2001

Hi Samba list,
I have a problem with Samba configuration.
I have a PDC Windows NT4 with SP6a and a PC with Samba 2.2.1a.
Whit ping I see those PC on network, when I digit on Samba Server:
smbclient -L superserver (superserver is the NetBios name of PDC), I see the PDC share resources.
With NT Server Manager I have authenticated linuxsrv (name of samba server) in domain, after, digiting on Samba server
smbpasswd -j FELIX -r SUPERSERVER (FELIX is domain name)
I have joined domain FELIX.
Now, if I click whit NT Server Manager Linuxsrv Icon I see the follow failure message:
"Network path was not found"
If I click on NT Network Neighborhood I see two icons in FELIX domain resource:
superserver
linuxsrv
But, if I click on linuxsrv I see this failure message:
\\linuxsrv is not accessible

smb.conf file on the samba server is cofigured as follow:
workgroup = felix
security = domain
password server = superserver
encrypt password = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
local master = no
os level = 2
preferred master = no

I don't understand NT behiavour, can you help me to resolve this problem?

Antonio Morrocchesi
Firenze Italy