Samba 2.2.2 Winbind and pam_mkhomedir

Thomas Meinke tmeinke at macnews.de
Wed Nov 21 04:57:31 GMT 2001

Hello!

I`m running Samba 2.2.2 with Winbind on a SuSE Linux 7.3 System.
Everything still works fine. The only problem I have is that the Domain
Users don´t have a home directory on the Linux Server. I thought the use
of pam_mkhomedir.so would be a great idea to create the homedirectories
at login. But how can I manage it, that samba uses the pam_mkhomedir.so
module. The pam_mkhomedir.so works still fine at the console login. But
I didn`t manage it to work with samba. Where I have to put the call of
the pam_mkhomedir.so? In the /etc/pam.d/samba file or anywhere else? And
then which line must I add to the /etc/pam.d/samba file.

For the console login I only needed to add the line:

session     required      /lib/security/mk_homedir.so skel=/etc/skel/

And it works. I tried the same line in the /etc/pam.d/samba file, but it
do not work.

Cu
Thomas Meinke