Problems joining a Windows 2000 domain

Auleta, Michael michael.auleta at boeing.com
Tue Nov 20 11:07:23 GMT 2001

I'm having a problem getting a Samba server to join a Windows 2000 domain.
Because of the way our system is architected, I'm unable to join the top
level "Computers" OU (we don't have any nodes in that OU).  I've had my
Samba server added to a lower level OU and I've been added as someone who is
able to add nodes.  When I run "smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r PDC -U
myname%passwd", I see the traditional errors that everyone else is
reporting.  My question is can I join a Windows 2000 domain in any OU other
than "Computers", and if so, how?

Mike