logon script stopped running - common problem?

amoote at fpelectronics.com amoote at fpelectronics.com
Mon Nov 19 07:26:35 GMT 2001

Until this morning I had logons scripts running fine on Win2K workstations.
Luckily this server is not in full swing or I would have alot of angry
users this morning.  ;)
As you will see, I am calling in separate confs based on the departments
which are defined as aliases.  Each department has it's own primary group
which correspond to the netbios aliases.
I know it sounds a tad confusing, and I'm open for suggestions in
simplifying it.  ;)
Here are the systems specs and a clip from my confs:

RedHat Linux 7.1
Samba 2.2.2

smb.conf
[global]
     add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false
-M %u
     netbios aliases = accounting infosys purchasing operations exec
     include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L
     max log size = 50
     logon script = %G.bat
     encrypt passwords = yes
     local master = yes
     time server = yes
     domain logons = yes
     workgroup = ADMIN
     server string = Admin Server PDC (Samba %v)
     os level = 64

[netlogon]
           comment = The Domain Logon Service
           path = /samba/logon