Win2000 SP2 & Samba 2.2.2 "There is no user session key for the specified logon session."

Doug Douglass samba at denverdata.com
Sun Nov 18 11:24:38 GMT 2001

Hmmm, this is an interesting message...a couple of questions.

First, on the client side:
How do you logon to the Win2K client? As a local admin?

Are you perhaps allowing the bypass of the Win2K logon window (there's a
check box on one of the My Computer, Properties tabs to allow/disallow
this)?

Server side:
What, if any, log messages is samba generating when you attempt to logon?

What messages are showing up in log.nmbd? Is your samba machine actually
winning the windows elections and acting as a PDC (try "smbclient -L
<netbios name of PDC>")?

Also, in your smb.conf, I don't see a netbios name setting. I don't know if
this is good or bad, I just expected to see it. Running testparm will tell
you what the default name is.

HTH,
Doug