Win2K client / Samba 2.2.2 server

Olivier Lemaire olivier.lemaire at IDEALX.com
Thu Nov 15 08:13:03 GMT 2001

> I've installed samba-2.2.2 and configured the server to act as an PDC.
> Well, nearly every thing: I'd like a Windows 2000 Professional
> workstation (SP2) to join the domain as well. But if I configure the
> network setup and choose our domain instead of the default workgroup I
> get the error message:
> "Domain does not exist or no connection could be established."
> A ping to the PDC from the w2k workstation is successful.

This registry key (gathered from the Samba-tng lists) is needed for
Windows 2000 and XP clients to join and logon to a Samba domain :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000

You can change this in the Local or Domain policy editor in Windows 2000.

hope this'll help

--
Olivier Lemaire aka lem			http://IDEALX.org/