Win2K client / Samba 2.2.2 server

Chr. Rossmanith cr at neuro.ma.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 15 07:36:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've installed samba-2.2.2 and configured the server to act as an PDC.
All my Win NT workstations can log in and user profiles are stored on
the server - every thing is fine....

Well, nearly every thing: I'd like a Windows 2000 Professional
workstation (SP2) to join the domain as well. But if I configure the
network setup and choose our domain instead of the default workgroup I
get the error message:

(translated from German)

"Domain does not exist or no connection could be established."

A ping to the PDC from the w2k workstation is successful.

Any hints what could be wrong in my setup? Any additional information
needed??? I've only used --with-smbmount as a configure switch and
changed the prefix for installation...

Thank you,

Christina Rossmanith