Samba Bug???

Lyubomir Velkov lubo at ru.acad.bg
Thu Nov 15 05:38:01 GMT 2001

Probably it was because today all machines finds their domain without
need to be restarted :-)
May be you are not affected because of LDAP or 2k WS-s - I don't know
I have RH7.1 machine in native samba mode - its my PDC, WINS and DNS
server and workstations are NT 4 SP6

Recently I have posted mail about message appearing on the console from
time to time saying:
   kernel: probable hardware bug: clock timer configuration lost -
probably a VIA686a    motherboard.
   kernel: probable hardware bug: restoring chip configuration.
to samba-ntdom (which nobody answered unfortunately) so maybe my problem
is kernel-chipset-bug related - I cannot say but today everything is
fine.