ACL and other problem

Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Tue Nov 13 07:19:17 GMT 2001

Hi,

we are using the HP version of samba (ver.2.0.7) on our
HP (L-class, HPUX 11). We run into two problems:

1) The HP version allows it to use ACL wwith HP, if you
   have installed jfs 3.3 (we have). So we are able to
   set permissions for every user, but even if the user
   has all rights, he is not able to replace or modify
   an existing file.

2) If a file is created with less then 8 characters it is
   always connverted into capital letters. So if one creates
   "Test.Txt" the system shows "TEST.TXT". We used the
   default and all other kind of settings. Only if
   case sensitive is "ON" everything works. But then we run
   into other problems.
   We just want samba to *show* all files case sensitive, but
   use the files windows like not casesensitive.
   Is it possible ?
   (The normal samba 2.0.7 bin for hp from samba.org worked
   well, for this problem, but bad with W2K)

Thanks for your help,
    Peer-Joachim Koch
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Carl-Zeiss-Promenade 10      Telefon: ++49 3641 6437-52
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 6437-10