NETLOGON problem in WinNT domain

antonio.morrocches antonio.morrocches at tiscalinet.it
Tue Nov 13 06:07:02 GMT 2001

Hi Samba list,
I have a problem with Windows NT password authentication.
I describe you my system. I have 3 PC on LAN network:
- first with Windows NT, service pack 6a and PDC of NT domain FELIX (BIOS Name: Superserver) and with NT Domain Server I have configured a member domain server LINUXSRV (Netbios name of Linux Server)
 - second with Red Hat Linux 7.1 and installed Samba 2.2.2 (Name: Linuxsrv)
- third with Win 98 (BIOS Name: Aquaba)

I tell you my problem configuration.
I have created the file smbpasswd with
cat /etc/passwd | mksmbpasswd.sh > \
/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
and I set smbpasswd file with 600 permissions.
Now, I stop two deamons smbd and nmbdon NT server  and write on the consolle:

smbpasswd -j FELIX -r superserver

after, I have read this answer:

cli_net_auth2: ERR_NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
clie_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challange failed
modify_trust_password: Unable to setup PDC credentials to machine SUPERSERVER.Error was: NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
200/11/09 15:24:46 change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain FELIX
Unable to join domain FELIX.

On the NT Event Viewer I have read:

Event ID:5723
Source:NETLOGON
The session setup from the computer LINUXSRV failed because there is no trust account in the security database for this computer.The name of the account referenced in the security database is LINUXSER$.

Finally, I want that LINUXSRV begins a server member of NT FELIX Domain !!!!!

Can you help me?
Thanks

Antonio Morrocchesi
(Florence) Italy