Samba Version 1.9.18

marksamba at btopenworld.com marksamba at btopenworld.com
Tue Nov 13 04:22:03 GMT 2001

Hello all,

We've been running samba version 1.9.18 quite happily on a Sequent S5000 box running dynix/ptx v4.2.3. We are now moving to a IBM P660 running AIX V4. I have reinstalled samba on the new box from a tar file and copied over the smb.conf file. When I expand Network Neighbourhood I can see the configured shares however whenever I click on any of them to expand further I get the following message:  \\'ServerName'\'ShareName' is not accessible - The specified network name is no longer available. I've run testparm and smbclient and all looks ok. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look.

Thanks in advance,
Mark