W2K - WNT Profiles

Arne Van Renterghem Arne at mediaventures.be
Tue Nov 13 02:13:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I 've been following the list for some time now and the question of the
profiles has been put forward several times, but I havn't seen a valid
answer so far. So here it is again.

I'm running RH 7.0 + samba 2.2.2pre as PDC with ± 15 W2K SP2 and a few WinNT
4.0 SP6. The domain works fine, but the profiles don't. I always receive the
error of unable the write to the profiles directory. Several others have had
the same issue. Any solution found already ?
Also the logon script is not being executed (or at least I don't see any
sign of it) apart from one computer running W95 where it is actually giving
a message box saying something like "executing logon script".

Thx,

Arne

My smb.conf.

[global]
        workgroup = MEDIAVENTURES
        domain logons = yes
        security = user
        os level = 34
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successful*
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        wins support = no
;       name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -$
        domain admin group = @adm
        time server = yes
        logon script = startup.bat
        logon path = \\Linuxserver\profile\%U
        nt acl support = yes
[profile]
    comment = User profiles
    path = /export/samba/profile
    create mode = 0600
    directory mode = 0700
    writable = yes
    browsable = no

[netlogon]
        comment = The domain logon service
        path = /export/samba/logon
        public = no
        writeable = no
        browsable = no
[test]
        comment = For testing only, please
        path = /export/samba/test
        read only = no
        guest ok = yes
[Data]
        comment = mediAVentures Data op Linuxserver
        path = /mnt/data
        read only = no
        guest ok = no
[Dump]
        comment = mediAVentures Data op Linuxserver
        path = /mnt/dump
        read only = no
        guest ok = no