Profile loaded as homedir on Win2000 SP2

Jacek Stolarczyk jacek at mer.chemia.polsl.gliwice.pl
Mon Nov 12 01:45:08 GMT 2001

Hi,

When a user logs to the domain (PDC on samba-2.2.1a) from Win2000 he gets
his $HOME/profile mounted as home directory (disk Z:) instead of just
$HOME. Mounting $HOME works perfectly (and has been for the last year)
when logging from WinNT 4.0 SP6a. Relevant part of smb.conf reads:

<smb.conf excerpt>
   logon script = scripts\%G.bat
   logon path = \\%L\%U\profile
   logon home = \\%L\%U\profile
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700
</smb.conf excerpt>

On WinNT a user "joe" gets Z: called "joe" (which is /home/joe) while on
Win2000 get Z: called "profile" (which is /home/joe/profile). I definitely
prefer the behaviour of WinNT, so what should I change to get it for all
machines?

The user still can mount his/her homedir typing the path \\servername\joe.

Regards,

Jacek Stolarczyk
--
PhD-student in physical chemistry