win2k profiles

ssaitman at laschools.org ssaitman at laschools.org
Sun Nov 11 12:09:37 GMT 2001

Hello all,

I am running samba 2.2.2 on a redhat 7.1 kernel 2.4.13 box with mostly win

98 clients. We have just added a citrix server running win2k to the domain.

The samba server is running as a PDC so all of the citrix terminal clients

will be authenticating through samba. Win2k terminal needs to use profiles,

which I set up according to the docs, but when I try to log in with win2k

client I get the error message "You do not have permission to access the

profile located \\server\profile\username. The permissions on the profile

dir are set to 777 and on user dir are set at 700 the dir is owned by the

correct user and group.

The logon path = \\%L\profile\%U.

I have set up the profile share and am able to map a drive to it.

Any help to get past this would be great.

Thanks in advance. Steve Saitman

Network Tech.

Los Angeles Unified School District