W2k logging into 2.2.2 PDC - Very Stuck.

Jeremy Cowgar jcowgar at bhsys.com
Fri Nov 9 07:25:49 GMT 2001

Greetings,

I have setup Samba 2.2.2 (compile from source on web site). I have configured it to be the PDC. I have inserted
the add user script and that works great. I can join the domain with no problems at all, however I cannot log into
the domain. (In /etc/passwd my computer name is added with a $ and also in /opt/samba/private/smbpasswd my
computer name is there as well).

The error I recieve when trying to log into the domain is:

"The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's computer account in its primary domain is
missing or the password on that account is incorrect."

I used the root account which does have a valid entry in smbpasswd, to join the domain. All works great up until
this problem with the domain login.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeremy Cowgar - jcowgar at bhsys.com