Samba and nis question

Shekhar webmaster at viitindia.org
Thu Nov 8 21:50:03 GMT 2001

1.
        passwd program = /usr/bin/yppasswd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        passwd chat = *root*password* urpasswdhere\n \
*new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *NIS*

2.     My addmachine script.

Usage addmachine machinename
eg. addmahine comp1
/usr/sbin/adduser $1$  -d /dev/null -s /bin/false
smbpasswd -a -m $1$
echo "Added Machine Account $1 to SMB DataBase."

Shekhar
System Administrator, VIIT
Telefax: +91-2112-43476 to 79 Ext: 216
Email: webmaster at viitindia.org