Samba and nis question

Alaa Alamood aaa at netman.dk
Thu Nov 8 10:16:50 GMT 2001

Hi

Thanks for this nice product

I have samba 2.2.2 running on alpha server (tru64 5.1), samba configured
to be PDC, and I have yppasswd on my server, my questions are

1- How is possible to sync. smbpasswd with yppasswd
      when I enable sync passwd  like the following

        passwd program = /usr/bin/yppasswd
        unix password sync = yes
        passwd chat = *New*SMB*password* %n\n *Retype*new*SMB*password:*
%n\n *Password*changed*for*user*

      and try to change the password from the user I got the following
error

        machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the password chang: Error was: the
specified password is ivalid

2- I have made scripte to register the machines into yppasswd and
smbpasswd and I add the following in smb.conf file

         add user scripte /usr/local/bin/addmachine -a %m

         when I try to join the domain from win2k no thing happen

          any body know why

thanks in advanc

Alaa