Machine Accounts

Ron McKeating R.J.Mckeating at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 03:42:02 GMT 2001

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you could offer me some advice.  I
want to use samba for our file store for about 600 student lab seats. I
cannot seem to make the automatic adding of the machine account work. I
can do it manually, but I do not want to have to visit 600 pc's and log
in manually as root.  We create one image of the lab pc's and then
distribute it to the labs using multicast ghost.  Basically I want to
create the ghost image so that all the machines log into our samba pdc
on boot up.  We can create all our student user accounts in advance, no
problem there, but I need all the machine accounts to be automatically
created as soon as to machine tries to log in.

Is this possible, or do I need to take a different approach?

Ron
--
Ron McKeating
Computing Officer