share size

Jason Cook jasonc at reinit.org
Wed Nov 7 21:28:02 GMT 2001

* Jason Cook (jasonc at reinit.org) wrote:

> > I got bored and wrote a script using smbclient that outputs sizes of
> > shares on hosts.  Just put in the password and update the $remote
> > entries to match your environment.  I know the code is mildly nasty,
> > but I'm still learning :)
> >

> I've been trying to modify the script to to list the sizes of all the
> machines in the workgroup and have run into a small problem.  I think
> I have found a bug in smbclient.  I can't seem to use -L to look up
> the shares on a machine without being asked for a password.  Since -L
> is an option but I am not connecting to a share the password doesn't
> get parsed correctly so I am stuck with a prompt.
>
> Am I doing things wrong or is this a bug?

I found a workaround by putting in a bogus share name.

--
Jason Cook                 |  GnuPG Fingerprint: D531 F4F4 BDBF 41D1 514D
GNU/Linux Technical Lead   |                     F930 FD03 262E 5120 BEDD

"If it's a hobby for us and a job for you,
then why are you doing such a shoddy job?"
		-- Linus Torvalds, regarding Microsoft