share size

Jason Cook jasonc at reinit.org
Wed Nov 7 19:32:05 GMT 2001

* Greg Zartman (greg at kwikfind.com) wrote:
> Ross,
>
> > Mount the share using smbmount (mount -t smbfs)
> > then simply use df as you would normally... on my system this gives an
> > output along the lines of....
>
> Thanks.  That's the method I was currently using.  Didn't know if there was
> a way to do it without mounting.  Oh well..
>
> Greg

I got bored and wrote a script using smbclient that outputs sizes of
shares on hosts.  Just put in the password and update the $remote
entries to match your environment.  I know the code is mildly nasty,
but I'm still learning :)

http://reinit.org/source/smb_sizes.plx

--
Jason Cook                 |  GnuPG Fingerprint: D531 F4F4 BDBF 41D1 514D
GNU/Linux Technical Lead   |                     F930 FD03 262E 5120 BEDD

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and
he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
		-- John A. Hrastar