User Management with Active Directory

Lüder Sachse sachse at aeb.de
Mon Nov 5 01:52:02 GMT 2001

Hi!

I have a Samba Server running in an Active Directory Environment.
Currently everyone who has a login to our network has access to
the samba shares on the linux box. I would like to restrict access
on this server to certain user groups. The samba server should still
get the user/pass from the Active Directory Server but it should
grant access just to some groups.
Is it possible to get the user groups and to decide wheter they have
access or not?

Thanks in advance.

Lueder

Lueder Sachse                      Dokumentation & Marketing
AEB GmbH
Julius-Hoelder-Str. 39              Tel. +49 711 7 28 42-229
D-70597 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 7 28 42-333
http://www.aeb.de/                      eMail: sachse at aeb.de