SAMBA AS A PDC

bikramjeet assal bikramjeet77 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 11:10:02 GMT 2001

hello group,

I m trying to configure Samba Server as a Primary
Domain Controller to check for authentication.

When the user logins to the domain specified in the
smb.conf file, the user is asked for username and
password.This password needs to be encrypted for samba
server to work as a PDC.These passwords are compared
against the ones in smbpasswd file.

I compiled samba using files pam_smbpass and pam
options as follows:

configure --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass

but when clients connect to samba server domain, samba
do not make use PAM files at all.

Can anybody tell me how this things is working ?
because i compiled samba using PAM as shown above.

waitiing for reply.

bikram.