Cannot join Samba Domain from a XP machince

Cheung, Terry (Hong Kong) terry_cheung at hk.ml.com
Thu Nov 1 21:34:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

	I have a Samba server working properly with ME as sharing files in
workgroup before. Recently, I have upgraded my ME to XP and tried to make
the Samba as the domain controller. I have followed the documentation
samba.org that teaching how to set up domain controller for Win NT. The XP
can communicate withe the server and see the shares in the Network
Neighbourhood but failed to join domain while getting this error message:
"The procedure number is out of range" when I tried using root as the user
to join it. I have also added and machine trust account in the Linux 7.1 and
smbpasswd already. What else am I missing?? Please help. Thank you very
much.

Regards,
Terry