Win2K Roaming Profile Problem

Bunny Pfau bunny at hao.ucar.edu
Thu Nov 1 13:29:04 GMT 2001

I got an error similar to this and it was a permissions problem.
My problem boiled down to that I had listed myself in the
"admin users" parameter, and so then when I was logged in to
the win2k computer and trying to connect to the samba home
share, I was being mapped as "nobody"..  Just an idea.

Bunny Pfau
---

Bunny Pfau                      National Center for Atmospheric Research
bunny at ucar.edu                  High Altitude Observatory
tel: 303 497-1555               P.O. Box 3000
fax: 303 497-1589               Boulder, CO  80307-3000

->
-> I get this error when I try to login to the domain from a Win2K box:
->
-> "Windows cannot create profile directory \\shockwave\amoote\profile.pds.
-> You will be logged on with a local profile only.
-> Changes to the profile will not be propagated to the server.
-> Contact your network administrator."
->
-> Apparantly roaming profiles are not working.  I've looked through alot of
-> the documentation and tried many setups (centralized profiles under one
-> directory, profiles under the users' homes) but none of it works properly.
->
-> Any ideas?
->
-> Regards,