Win2K Roaming Profile Problem

Doug Douglass samba at denverdata.com
Thu Nov 1 11:55:01 GMT 2001

What Samba version?

What SP of Win2K?

What do you have in smb.conf for "logon path"? Do you have a profiles share?

What do your samba logs have to say?

Give us some info and we may be able to help you.

I've had Win2K SP2 roaming profiles with Samba 2.2.1a as PDC working for
many months with no problems. Upgrading to Samba 2.2.2 posed some problems
with profiles so I'm sticking with 2.2.1a, but it had more to do with our
LDAP backend and RIDs, then any general failure of roaming profiles.

I don't use a separate profiles share. Profiles are stored in the users unix
home directory in a .ntprofile dir, "logon path = \\server\%U\.ntprofile"

HTH,
Doug