problems with hp2000c and kodak 8670PS printers

Patrizia Canton cantonpa at unive.it
Fri May 11 13:26:51 GMT 2001

Hi
I installed successfully on my samba server (Linux Debian 2.2rev2,
kernel2.4.3), acting as PDC, the printer
drivers for HP2100 and HP2100TN.
I can use these printers from win98 and
WINNT clients with no problems.
Now I am trying to install a printer driver for a HP2000c and a
Kodak8670PS printers.
I am, as usual, connecting from a winnt client as root, go to the server
printer folder, select the printer properties and use the new
driver
button to install the drivers. I select the HP2000c printer , then the
program
starts copying the files from the cd to the samba server
everything seems to be ok, but  then it stops saying "unable to copy the
NTx86 driver". If I look on the samba server in the W32X86 directory I can
see the files *dll, *exe, etc. for my HP200c printers. But the printer
does not work.
I set-up the printer for the win98 clients with no problem.

If I try the same procedure for the kodak printer
I cannot find the correct *inf file on the cd of the printer, so I cannot
change the driver from "NO PRINTER DRIVER AVAILABLE..." to the correct
one.
If I try to install the kodal printer from a win98 client, the program
complains it need the win98cd, I put the win98 cd, and then I was able to
configure this printer for a win98 client.
Any idea?
Patrizia