Configuring Samba for Windows Domains Logons

Hans-Peter Bernhard h.p.bernhard at ieee.org
Thu May 10 20:01:00 GMT 2001

Well I had the same problem.
I am not quite sure that it really helps, but:

I was looking for the problem and so I turned on
the debug messages by compiling samba
with --enable-debug

I never got this error message again.

I don't know if it helps in your case, just try it.

hpb

linux wrote:

> I need help on my Red Hat 7.1 - configurating my Linux Server to be a Domain
> Controller.  My workstations are Windows 2000 professional and 98.  I used
> the work setup in the SMB.CONF and it works fine.
>
> But when I set it up as the book said - I can't get through the password.
> It comes up with this error " The procedure is out of range".
>
> So what is the trick and setup procedures.  Please help me.  I have the
> Samba Book, O'Reilly by Robert Eckstein.
>
> Thanks!  Linux all the way.

|                  Dr. Hans-Peter BERNHARD                    |
|                Email: h.p.bernhard at ieee.org                 |
|   Inst. for Communications   |          HTBLA-Steyr         |
| and Information Engineering  |     Schluesselhofgasse 63    |
|  Johannes Kepler University  |         A-4430 Steyr         |
|       Linz, AUSTRIA          |           AUSTRIA            |
|   Phone: +43-732-2468-9711   |   Phone: +43-7252-72914-42   |
|   Fax  : +43-732-2468-9712   |   Fax  : +43-7252-72914-25   |