NT box will not logon SAMBA

Elliot Mackenzie s354199 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu May 10 13:46:46 GMT 2001

The fact that Samba 2.2.0 CAN run as a PDC for the W2KSP1 machines I am
running is the main reason I chose it over the ridiculously expensive
clogware that is Windows Server.  Seriously, it runs fine, some things are
not totally implemented yet, but as far as login scripts, logins, logouts
etc go - it's all there.  Check the samba website, everything you need is
there (even example smb.conf's for running samba as a pdc).  I don't really
have time to look at your smb.conf tonight (two exams tomorrow) so you will
have to ask someone else for assistance with that. :)

Oh, and see if your Windows machine is still running as smoothly as it was
when you booted it up two months earlier :-)  Samba only got shut down on
our machines here to upgrade to new 2.2.0 (of course without rebooting <nt
users agast>).  Prior to that the samba service had an uptime close to three
months (moved buildings three months ago).

M.