Samba as PDC

Jon Wright Jon.Wright at InfoTechFL.Com
Wed May 9 19:51:03 GMT 2001

I have a Redhat Linux 6.0 running Samba 2.2 acting as a PDC for a domain.
We have two(2) additional Redhat bxoes running 2.2 as member servers, both
running Redhat 6.2. We are experiencing wierdness when users attempt to connect
to the servers. One machine will authenticate using the password server listed,
and the other seems to require a local smbpasswd file. I can attach smb.conf
files, if desired, but was wondering if there were any know issues that I
should look at first? Everything that seems significant, i.e. encrypted
passwords, allow trusted domains, password server are identical.

Thanks,
	Jon

--
Jon Wright, Network Administrator     |   5700 SW 34th St. Suite 1235
Info Tech, Inc.                       |   Gainesville, FL 32608