Changing Linux passwords from Win NT/2000 ?

Roy Thomas royt at subexgroup.com
Wed May 9 13:29:50 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From:	Preben Tonnessen [SMTP:preben at dfunct.no]
Sent:	Wednesday, May 09, 2001 1:04 PM
To:	samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org
Subject:	Changing Linux passwords from Win NT/2000 ?

Hi!

We are running Samba as PDC on our network and, have this
tiny little problem, non of our user can change their logon-
password..

Could someone please tell me how? (The MANPAGE could'nt)

Except from this our Samba server is the best thing ever happened
to our network.......

Best regards

Preben Tonnessen
CEO - dFunct Productions, preben at dfunct.no
[Roy Thomas]  _______________________________________________________

Hi

I had a very similar problem
I did the changes in these parameters with some help from ntdom
 and it helped me may be you can try out

security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
    smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
    unix password sync = yes

regards
Roy