solution: account expired

Florian Petri flop at flop.swb.de
Mon May 7 22:13:38 GMT 2001

Hi!

Some of you maybe get "account disabled ... " when they try to login at NT4 or
W2K workstations and don't know where this comes from, because they can access the samba server eg. with the same accounts without any problem.
(log.smbd show some unknown errors ...)

The PAM service at my linux box was wrong configured. I used pam_unix.so in
/etc/pam.d/samba but it seems to me that I have to install pam_pwdb.so (parameters: md5 shadow) to login at my nt4 box.

Problably this could be documented somewhere, I spend a couple of hours on
this and some others posted the same problems, I hope this helps you ...

cu Floh