problem saving roaming profile

Nicholas Brealey nick at brealey.org
Mon May 7 17:17:12 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Oliver Heering wrote:
>
> > Some guy in the samba-ntdom mailinglist said, this bug has been fixed
> > in the CVS tree, but it actually hasn't. :( (i tried it out)
>
> Well technically, I can no longer reproduce it here. :-)
> If those who are having problems will provide some extra details of their
> environment (apologies if you have alreayd done this, but this is the
> last message in this thread i can find in my inbox), we get it corrected.
>
> Cheers, jerry

I had this problem.
I seems to have gone away now (hopefully).

I am running on Solaris 7 and 8 with acls and quotas. The problem seems
to occur
with Windows 2000 clients nut not Windows NT clients.

I seemed to have to use a CVS version of Samba 2.2 AND have a profile
share
with no create mask or directory mask i.e. just:

[profile]
   path = /export/home/profile
   writeable = yes

Nick