Migration Documentation

Schlomo Schapiro schapiro at clerk.pi.huji.ac.il
Sun May 6 10:51:45 GMT 2001

Well, I didn't spell it out, but Novell 5.1 with NDS 8.5 (now called
85.0) is a very fine LDAP server which outperforms OpenLDAP in many
aspects and has scalability features only dreamt about in OpenLDAP (plus
the commercial support ...).

Samba is great and the simple reason that the documentation is lacking is
that with the scarce manpower the samba team has they prefer to develop
samba and write the absolute minimum of docs (and actually also the
mailing lists are part of the docs). I support this attitude and maybe you
can give resources to the samba team to write docs, after all it's an open
source community project ...

But we are now really off-topic and I don't see what there is left to
discuss about (Novell/Samba/Windows/Linux) ?

Sincerely,
Schlomo

email: schapiro at clerk.pi.huji.ac.il
WWW:   http://shum.cc.huji.ac.il/~schapiro