Samba 2.2 and Win2K Domain Admins

Oliver Heering Heering at edo.uni-dortmund.de
Fri May 4 14:23:38 GMT 2001

Hi Suraj,

On Wednesday, May 02, 2001 you wrote:

> I think there has been a number of posts regarding domain admin support with
> Win2k on this list but so far I have not seen any of these concerns been
> addressed.  Has anybody been able to login to a Win2K machine using admin
> privelges.  I tried putting the userid in the "domain users" parameter but it
> did not work.

I did the following:
- create a unix group dedicated to those users who shall have admin
privileges
- change the primary group of the unix-user you want to become a
domain-admin to that group
- set "domain admin group = @<your admin group>" in smb.conf

when i now log in to my domain using samba 2.2.0 as DC, i am granted
full administrative privileges.

cya,
sLoP - http://www.ocrana.de