ASCII files have CR's stripped with Win2000

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Fri May 4 14:13:03 GMT 2001

If I recall, it isn't a Samba issue.  It is a Unix-Windows issue.  Unix uses
one marker to signal a end of line, whereas windows typically uses two
markers.

Notepad usually gets fooled, but whenever I have opened a unix text file in
MS Word, it usually interprets it correctly.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com