domain logon of w2k client to samba 2.2.0 server

Paul An paulan at joycast.com
Fri May 4 09:44:58 GMT 2001

There are two domains, one with w2k server named svra (domainA)with
active directory and the other with samba 2.2.0 (domainB).

I've joined a win2k client to the samba 2.2.0 domain (domain B) by doing
the following on the samba server:
    useradd client$
    smbpassed -a -m client
and by changing the network setting in the win 2k client.  I've got the
"welcome to the domain" message on the win2k client.

The samba server has the following in the smb.conf:
    workgroup = domainB
    password server = svra
    domain logon = yes
    local master = yes
    os level = 33
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = yes

When I reboot the win2k client and try logging onto the domain, I get a
message saying that the user can not be logged into the system, to check
the password and try loggin in again.  I have no problem with win98
clients logging into the domain.  The same account fails on win2k and
succeeds on win98.  How can I fix this?