win2k wkst joining samba 2.2 pdc

Ken Palosaari kenp at mtu.edu
Tue May 1 19:35:03 GMT 2001

hi,

I am having some trouble getting my windows 2000 pro workstation to join
my samba 2.2 pdc.  It is my understanding that this should work automatically
with out me having to add the machine to the smbpasswd and passwd files, is
this not the case?

The error I receive is "The account used is a computer account. Use your
global user account or local user account to access this server"

The account I am using is specified as a domain admin in the smb.conf
and the accont is both in the /etc/passwd and smbpasswd file.

   domain admin users = admin

I am using the admin account when trying to join the domain.

I can successfully log in using this accont from a windows 98 pc.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Ken