Win2K wont join Samba domain - Help!

Jose Rodriguez tech_fixer at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 16:25:40 GMT 2001

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to read this
message.

I've got a win2k PC I want to join into a Samba
domain.
Problem is that when I try to join the domain from
win2k the following message pops up: "No mapping
between account names and security ID's was done."
I also tried using the root acount to join the domain,
but it didnt work.

The machine accounts are created in passwd and
smbpasswd files. Also added root as a user in
smbpasswd, as per some email in this list. In addition
I set the "add user script" parameter in smb.conf to:
"/usr/bin/adduser -n -g macines -c NTMACHINE -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$", as per emails and
Howto's.
I've read the Howto's, Faq's and emails on the list,
but found no answer. Could it be a bug? Am I mising
something? Please advise if possible.

Thanks again.
Jose Rodriguez.